Sunday, September 5, 2010

Weekly Preview and RECAP

Saturday - Dropped J off with my parents, headed to MM's for LOTR and fun!
Sunday - Yard Work
Monday - WORK 5 hrs, Peach Festival (Bob has to work)
Tuesday - WORK 5, Soccer practice (E,S), Soccer Game (D - away), Pick J up
Wednesday - WORK 5, Soccer Game (E - away)
Thursday - WORK 5, Soccer practice (E,J,S)
Friday - WORK 5?, Co-op, Soccer Game (D - home)
Saturday - Soccer Games (S,J,E - home), BOOK CLUB!

Trying to remember last week - can you say BLURRRR? Lots of soccer details and the ever-present work!

Let's go backwards, shall we? Saturday I woke up far earlier than I would have liked to pick David up from a friend's where he'd spent the night and go straight to meet my parents halfway between our homes to give them James for a few days. Then the other kids and I trekked north to Maryann's to spend the day. It's been far too long since we've had uninterrupted time together. We both did some lesson planning while we watched FOTR and half of TT (Lord of the Rings, in case you're part of the uninitiated). Then M's daughter downloaded (LEGALLY, mind you) a British movie with Robert Pattinson (The Bad Mother's Handbook) and we watched that too. We also made a trip to the discount grocery where I stocked up on goodies. Came home at midnight! Thoroughly satisfying day.

Friday - hmm.... Oh yeah, I had an eye doctor appointment. Guess what? I need bifocals! More on that once they come in. Also had to start a new procedure at work with not enough training. Very stressful. Training coming up on Tuesday!

Thursday - Several kids had practice and David had an away game. Bob took him to that and the team WON! First game they won!

Wednesday - I went to a friend's house to sort soccer uniforms. Suzy went along. This woman has the most ADORABLE detailed murals on her kids walls. The girl has princesses and the boy has Lego stuff. The kids' bathroom is all SpongeBob. She painted it all herself. Took Suzy out for lunch after.

Tuesday - Took David and 3 of his teammates to their away game. Soccer practice happened here while I was off on my adventure.

Monday - Our longtime friends, the Bowmans, are moving to Texas and today was their farewell picnic. Suzy and James are close friends with two of the Bowman children so this is toughest for them. We brought their friends home with us after the picnic and they played the rest of the day with us. David had soccer practice in the evening.

Loving my new phone except for two things. 1 - I talk on it more than I thought I would. Maybe that's because of the newness of it. I had to add minutes already. 2 - I can't use free ringtones!!

Working on planning my Jane Austen class. Northanger Abbey is up first.

Bought David a pair of soccer shoes at Play It Again Sports because his new shoes fell apart during Thursday night's soccer game. Those are the FIRST pair I ever bought new. @@ <--rolling eyes Usually I have been able to find good used cleats, but I couldn't find any for David before his season started. I highly recommend Play It Again Sports; David's shoes are nice quality, barely used (if at all) and were only $9.99. We went to the one on Miller Road in Flint.

Making some plans for fall - Renaissance Festival in Holly (moms only?), Renaissance Festival in Vassar (with kids), maybe the Wolcott Mill Civil War Skirmish, and of course lots of soccer!

Oh, my friend Pam's family welcomed their foreign exchange student this week. He's 15 and from Spain.

No comments: