Saturday, October 2, 2010

Weekly Preview and Review

Saturday - Soccer games (J,S), Austentatious Movie Day
Sunday - Church?
Monday
- WORK 5 hrs, Lessons, Soccer game (D-away)
Tuesday - WORK 5, Lessons, Soccer practice (E,J), Soccer game (S)
Wednesday - Kickboxing, WORK 5, Lessons, Soccer Game (E-home)
Thursday - WORK 5, Lessons, Soccer Practice (J,S)
Friday
- WORK 5, Co-op, Soccer game (D-away)
Saturday - Emily soccer tournament

[Note on Oct 4 - Picked up 5 extra hours this week - earning Christmas money.]

Check it out - more soccer! Every day - go figure!

Let's see. Austentatious Movie Day was a hit! Thankfully! I was a tad worried that the teens wouldn't "get it" but they do! No worries. We watched Northanger Abbey which is one of my favorites! Lots of giggling and squealing as well as some good discussion.

On my birthday, I woke up to no internet, which really put a wrench into my day's plans. I had intended to knock out most of my work early so we could go to lunch and then David and I would head out to his game, which was about 90 minutes away. Didn't work out. And I didn't handle it well. PMS. Library not open til 11, so can't work there. Opened cable bill (internet) and error on bill and raise in rates for service that I can't use today. Blech. Called and "discussed" it with customer service, in no uncertain terms informing them I would not be paying for error on bill. Out to lunch. Asian buffet (wanted Mexican). Ate too much. Behind 2 hours on work.

But the kids made me beautiful cards. I need to scan them. I had purchased the new Diana Gabaldon graphic novel as an early birthday gift. Lots of lovely facebook wishes. David's team won. We went out to eat at a Mexican place and I had a delectable chicken quesadilla. Made up my work hours later in the week.

The kids loved their gymnastics class. I will post about that on Cornerstone though.

Other than that, the week was mainly lots of working, lots of soccer, some rain, and cleaning house. Oh, and lessons. Bob has been working M/W/F/Sat lately. Not liking the Saturdays. Especially for soccer season. BAD.

Last week's soccer report:
David - Tues: WIN (7-0) David was a forward briefly in this game, but mostly defense. & Fri: WIN (1-0) Defense.
Emily - Wed: WON (2-1) Defense. One or two really good kicks.
James - Sat: LOSS (0-4) Forward 2 quarters, Defense 1 quarter, Sat out last quarter - He is relentless in his pursuit of the ball.
Suzy - Sat: LOSS (1-2) - Played goalkeeper one quarter, one as midfielder, 2 as forward. She was energetic today!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No internet and then an erroneous bill? Good thing your kids' birthday cards were there to offset that situation! Love, Mom
P.S. We "get" the term "soccer mom" now!!!

Debbie Schlarb said...

Bummer that you birthday wasn't how you planned it but I agree with mom, sounds like your kids redeemed it somewhat. :)