Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekly Preview and Review

Saturday - Emily soccer tournament
Sunday - 10-10-10 party with friends
Monday - WORK 4 hrs, Field trip, Soccer practice (D)
Tuesday - WORK 4, Lessons, Soccer games (S,J)
Wednesday - Kickboxing, WORK 4, Lessons, Soccer Game (E-home)
Thursday - WORK 4, Lessons, Soccer Practice (J,S), Soccer Game (D-away)
Friday - WORK 4, NO Lessons, Soccer practice (D)
Saturday - Soccer games (J,S,E), Rollicking Readers!

Yep - here we go with another week FILLED with soccer. LOL I am getting ready for it to be done, though I love watching it. I truly do. I'm just tired of my weeks being so full.

Anytime extra hours are offered, I am taking them - Christmas money. So, last week I earned 4 extra (tried for 5, but it didn't happen) and the week before I got 2 extra. It's amazing how that one extra hour a day can really max me out.

Hosted Suzy's belated birthday party this past Friday. She wanted a scrapbooking party so we had 9 little girls join us. We also had cake and ice cream outside since it was LOVELY weather (accompanied by one or two apian visitors) and visited the playground down the street. Dinner was pizza and there was a lot of playing outside. Good thing it was nice out. Some scrapbooked most of the time and a few scrapbooked only a minimum. My dear friend Maryann stuck around and helped me out. She was a LIFESAVER! Thanks, MM!

Went to Warren on Saturday for Emily's soccer tournament. They played 3 short games (half the normal length) - tied two, lost one. They were invited back for Sunday's playoff, but Emily had injured herself on the playground between games, so I didn't take her back for the games Sunday. She was having trouble running and bending over. It was perfect weather for a soccer tournament. We had never had the opportunity to attend one before. I know; hard to believe after 10 years of soccer, isn't it?

Suzy went along to the tournament and between games, the girls and I went to lunch and went shopping. We got long white gloves for Emily's regency outfit and a top hat for David's. I bought short white gloves for myself, but now I wish I'd bought the long ones. If you need these items, now is the time to go buy them. Where? A Halloween store, of course!

Was thinking of scheduling an essay class before Christmas - more Christmas money, you see. But I think it may be too ambitious a goal, along with NaNoWriMo.

Of course, I'll be NaNo-ing again this November. You should do it too!

LAST WEEK'S SOCCER REPORT
David - Mon: TIE 0-0 That was an intense game. Fri: TIE 0-0 again! I missed this game.
Emily - Wed: TIE 1-1. I missed this game too. Sat Tournament: Game 1 TIE 1-1, Game 2 LOSS 2-1, Game 3 TIE 0-0. The team went back the second day, but Emily did not go along because she got hurt (not during a game).
James - No games this week.
Suzy - Tues: WIN 2-1 (I think). Suzy played hard and was ever-so energetic, turning cartwheels on the field before (and once during) the game!

1 comment:

Debbie Schlarb said...

That's nice that you were able to get in a few extra hours.