Randomness - Penny posted some and so I will too!
1 - A coworker's last name is McIvor. Say that aloud.
2 - Did you know that I often drink Diet Mountain Dew? Yes, at work, the pop machines have (GASP) only Pepsi products. I dislike Diet Pepsi, so I get Diet Dew when I need more caffeine.
3 - The Dauphin DIED in the Temple Prison. The Scarlet Pimpernel is fictional and therefore could not really rescue him. Sad. I didn't know he died. His jailers were very cruel to him (and his sister) before he died too.
4 - My children gave me a funny looking bird Beanie Baby called Kuku. It has a pink fluff on the top of its head.
5 - The surge protector for my computer has started to emit a very high pitched sound lately. It drove me nuts until I realized what it was. I guess I should replace it, eh?
6 - My son likes hip-hop music. My son LIKES hip-hop music. Has everything I've done been in vain?
7 - The brake pads on my Taurus needed replaced and my handy husband did that for me on Tuesday. Cost: $27 for the pads.
8 - We went to the first garage sale of the season on Sunday. I bought 6 items of clothing for 25 cents each and a VHS tape for 50 cents. :::shivers::: Isn't it exciting?!
9 - Someone on freecycle came and picked up something I was giving away and she left me two samples of perfume called Juicy Couture. There is a picture of a model on the package; she is holding a huge perfume bottle and is wearing a fancy strapless gown and huge puffy pink bouffant wig. (At least I hope that is not her hair.)
10 - I still do not have a bedroom door. Wait, I do HAVE a door. It's just not stuck to my bedroom wall. It's sitting in the back room waiting to be painted.
OK, if you didn't get #1 - McIvor sounds an AWFUL lot like MacGyver. Doncha think?
I have updated Mirkwood Reflections four times in the past week. If you haven't been there, I am pleading with you to go and comment over there. Does anyone read it? I am not too proud to beg! lol My April reads are up, as well as some movie reviews.
8 years ago
5 comments:
I really like to read your book lists and often check out some of "your" titles. (The Carrot Cake Murders.....newly out????) Thanks for taking time to post them!!! I, too, think the Veggie Tales movies are clever. I think that there might be an "age gap," though, between the "little kids" and older ones who can catch the humor. Enjoyed your "random" post this morning!!! Love, Mom
I got #1 right away!
No, I needed the help on McIvor (I kept thinking "Igor" for some reason). The perfume sample sounds really truly awful. I hate perfume anyway (makes me sick), but then the name & image to go along with it sounded pretty awful. Loved your random top 10 list!!
me too! Macgyver..cool!- JFD
I have the carrot cake murder at the library this week!
I didn't get the name thing... I was saying it with a short 'i' sound and accenting the "Mac" at the beginning since that's how our friends who have a "Mc" at the beginning of their name pronounce it! Ooops!
Went over and read at Mirkwood. My kids are the ones who say they are too old for Veggie Tales. I don't tell them they are too old for it. They were never really too thrilled with VT to begin with, so maybe that makes the difference?
Appreciate that handy husband of yours! DH's truck needed new front brake pads last week and it was over $200 to have it done at the mechanic.
And hip-hop music can be a lot of fun! ;)
Jen
Post a Comment