Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekly Review and Preview


James left Wednesday night for his Royal Rangers Pow-Wow campout in Gaylord. I will pick him up later today. The weather seemed perfect, so I hope they had a lovely time!

Suzy spent two nights at a friend's house this week and had another friend overnight here. She and her friend slept in the tent in the backyard. Busy week for her!

David worked only 12 hours on Friday and Saturday. When he went in to see his schedule for next week, he had NO HOURS AT ALL. This is not good. His supervisor said they are waiting for all the college kids to go back and then everyone will get more hours. Well.... hmmm... he's a college kid too! He needs some hours so he can buy a car!

Emily had a plain ole' week. As she mentioned on facebook, she was bored. LOL

The girls and I did go to the beach a couple hours on Friday. We picked up Suzy's friend (who spent the night) and took her along. 

I was able to pick up 5 extra hours this week and hope I can do the same this week, so my paycheck will be a little bigger. Bob gets 3 paydays this month! YAY!

I cleaned out the school cabinets this past week and culled a box of stuff to get rid of and organized what we will use this year. I don't need to purchase anything except some notebooks, pencils, markers, and such. At least not right now. 

I also cleaned out two bookcases and have a large box of books to get rid of!

I am taking advantage of these last few weeks of summer to have some fun times with friends, since once the school year starts, it is a blur of activity. On Thursday some friends and I went to dinner and then saw The Wolverine which I enjoyed until David poked holes in the plot for me. Saturday night we rented Breaking Dawn Part 2 which I had not bothered to see til now and watched it with a cynical eye. (Breaking Dawn was my least favorite Twilight book.) We also watched Mud with Matthew McConaughey.

8/11 Sunday - Church, Pick up James
Monday - Work 5, Karate, Soccer Practice (J)
Tuesday - Work 5, Bob dentist
Wednesday - Work 5
Thursday - Work 5, Karate
Friday - Work 5, Soccer Practice (J)
Saturday - Karate Testing, Soccer Practice (J)

A nice calm week coming up! One more chance to get lesson planning and house cleaning done!

Our karate test is this Saturday so we will be doing some extra practice this week.

Today I signed up to be the craft leader at Vacation Bible School which is the week of August 18. Suzy and Emily will be my helpers.

James is on the varsity soccer team that David played on all through high school. They practice all through August 3 times a week and their games begin right after Labor Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will pray that David will get more hours. That is the bane of hourly workers, especially the newest ones, who seem to get cut the most. Enjoy the rest of the summer!! Love, Mom