James had a wonderful time on his Royal Rangers campout. He just loves going on those trips.
Our week was low-key otherwise, and we were able to fit in some extra projects. The weather was GORGEOUS most of the week. Bob is working on redoing our stairs to the second level; they started to disintegrate and that was dangerous. I sorted a bunch of books and put some things online for sale. We did some cleanup in the yard. Probably some other things I can't think of.
8/18 Sunday - Church, Sunday Drive
Monday - Work 4, Karate, Soccer Practice (J), VBS
Tuesday - Work 4, VBS, Ortho (D)
Wednesday - Work 4, VBS
Thursday - Work 4, Karate, VBS
Friday - Work 4, Soccer Practice (J), VBS
Saturday - Cousin Camp/"Family Picnic"
David has an orthodontist appointment this week and a placement test at college. He works today (Sunday), Friday night and Saturday night. Glad he is getting some hours, but honestly! It's nowhere near 28 hours and it is all weekends.
I will be doing crafts at our church's VBS this week.
Today, Suzy and James and I went for a ride. Such lovely amazing weather - I didn't want to just sit in the house. David had to work and Emily and Bob declined to join us. We drove east with no real destination in mind. Drove til we got to Lake St. Clair. Suzy had her bathing suit, so she swam for a bit at a nice beach we found and James and I walked up the pier. Then we drove up the coast a ways and just looked at things. We found a delish pizza place and had huge slices of pizza and then drove home. A nice day. We saw many odd things!
1 comment:
Ha! Dad thought the same thing: "It's a nice day for a drive." So he had on "going-away" clothes after naptime, but when I got up an hour later, I had left on my "pajamas," so you know we were not on the same page!!!
Post a Comment