Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekly Preview and Review

Emily's soccer games are over! We have a whole WEEK with no soccer. Then next week, James and Suzy (and maybe Emily) will be doing a once-a-week FREE soccer clinic on Tuesday nights in June. The local high school is putting it on, so it's right here in Dryden. Not quite a week after Suzy's last game, she sighed and said wistfully, "When will I do soccer again?" So, I know she's missing it already!

I did a few things for myself this week since I have been neglecting ME for all the urgent/important things for the past month.
1 - Went to the chiropractor (hoping he can help with my carpal tunnel and my sore shoulder
2 - Had a therapeutic massage ($10 at the massage school and it was GREAT!)
3 - Started running again; doing Couch to 5K - First week is completed
4 - Got a haircut; was looking really shaggy
5 - Colored my hair; was looking really GRAY, lol
6 - Bought some new tops since I didn't have much in the way of short-sleeved shirts

James did his karate test on Thursday night since he missed the regular test. He did well. We should all receive our stripes for Green 1 on June 8th.

David's robotics team hosted a BBQ for the team sponsors (mostly businesses, some small & local, some larger, some international even!). The team mentor called me ahead of time and let me know David would be receiving an award (and David was unaware of it). So, we were there to see him receive the Technology Award from Kettering University, which goes to one qualified high school junior on the team and now, of course, he wants to go there. The tuition? $29,000 a year + room and board. It is a co-op school where students attend classes 3 months and work for 3 months, so he could earn money while attending. We'll visit the school and talk to a recruiter and see what we can work out. They have the perfect degree for him - a combination of computer engineering and electrical engineering.

5/27 Sunday - EMPTY CALENDAR SQUARE!!
Memorial Day - Family Fun Day @ MCYC, Bob has to work (I can work too, but only if I WANT to), EMPTY CALENDAR SQUARE!!
Tuesday - Work 4; EMPTY CALENDAR SQUARE!!!
Wednesday - Work 4, Dentist (SD)
Thursday - Work 4, karate, meeting with the new registrar (and giving her all the stuff!!!)
Friday - WORK 4, See Nunsense (L)
Saturday - Karate tournament (LDJS), Homeschool "banquet" (DE)
Sunday - Church, Jane Austen meeting at the DIA

This week is the least committed for MONTHS! YAY! I do, of course, still have to work, and Bob does too, though he has Friday off. But we "finished" our school year on Friday. So, that's nice! Except that most everyone still has stuff to finish, so we are not quite done. But at least my regular schedule will ease up. Suzy will continue her reading practice all summer and needs to finish her math book. David will finish Algebra 2 and Emily will work on math all summer. James, however, is already working ahead in Math, so I may just let him be finished. He actually should work on writing, so maybe that will be his summer assignment.

David and Suzy have a dentist appointment for fillings on Wednesday. 

My friend Sally is directing the local community theater production of Nunsense, so I bought a ticket to see it on Friday. I love musicals and I've wanted to see something of hers for a while  now. Hopefully some other ladies will join me and my new book club friend Joanne. We'll do dinner beforehand.

The plans for Saturday are still up in the air. David and James are going to compete in a karate tournament in Garden City. If I take them, I will compete as well. And I think Suzy should compete but she is resisting. (We all have to do two tournaments before qualifying as black belt.) The same evening, however, is the homeschool banquet which David and Emily are attending. I don't think we'll be back in time for Emily to get ready; it will take her longer to get ready than it would take David. So, Bob and I are currently discussing who will drive to Garden City and who will stay here and get Emily ready.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: