Saturday, April 7, 2012

Weekly Preview and Review


The week that just passed was rather a blur. Took one karate class, taught three writing classes, Good Friday, took the kids to church on Wednesday, got my computer un-infected from a virus, received the spring soccer uniform order and notified the coaches, tons of other stuff I am not thinking of right now.

On Good Friday, I had vague plans for a day of reflection and prayer. But that didn't happen. However, David, Emily and I watched The Passion of the Christ, which really brings home to me the depth of the suffering Christ endured for my sake. Protestants don't often reflect on this, but I think it makes my faith deeper. I also did some research on Stations of the Cross (a Catholic practice I am not very familiar with) because I had read that the film follows that structure. And it does - quite plainly. And I hadn't realized how much controversy there was among conservative Protestants regarding the film. People get bees in their bonnet very easily, don't they?  David and Emily had not watched the movie before because I wanted it to really make an impact on them and I didn't want them to be too young. James and Suzy watched the NEST entertainment He Is Risen instead.

Today, Saturday, Bob is taking the youngest two to an egg hunt at a church and then out to the farm for a while. I am dropping David at Robotics and taking Emily to see Titanic, which came out the year she was born. The weather is supposed to be really nice today and I kinda feel guilty going to the movies, but if we don't go today, we can't go for at least a week and a half. So we are seizing the moment.

4/8 Sunday - EASTER
 Monday - Work 4, Museum visit, Soccer Game (E)
Tuesday - Work 4, Brit Lit Movie Night (EDL), Soccer Prac (J)
Wednesday - Work 4, Museum field trip, Spend the night in Ann Arbor/Ypsi
Thursday - Work 4, Robotics (all of us!)
Friday - WORK 4, Co-op, End of the Year Program, Robotics (D)
Saturday - Soccer Game (SJ), Soccer Pix/Prac (E), Robotics (D)
Sunday - Church

Gonna be a busy week!  Lots of one-time events coming - two museum visits, a trip to the robotics state championships, our co-op end-of-the-year program, soccer pictures, movie night for my Brit Lit class. All converging onto one poor 'lil week.

Some things are going to be dropped off the schedule due to conflicts. Suzy will miss her soccer practice. We won't do Wednesday night church. We don't have karate on Easter Monday, but we will have to skip it on Thursday. (We could make those up in the evening, but the week is just too busy!) Emily will miss a soccer game due to the End of the Year co-op program. I am even considering dropping one of the museum visits. Believe it or not, when I agreed to go to that, the only other special event this week was the program.

Thankfully I have no writing classes to teach this week either - one is finished, and the other two are on break this week. But I do have to squish in my regular work hours.

David will spend two nights at states in a hotel with his team. He is very excited!

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

Busy indeed! I'm sure David will have so much fun away for Robotics.

I'm sure Titanic will be impressive in 3D!