Sunday, April 8, 2012

101 Things I wanted to complete in 1001 days


My friend Gina posted about the 101 in 1001 challenge and it reminded me I should take a look at my list, which I've been avoiding looking at since I turned 45. So, here's the lowdown. (It probably doesn't add up to 101 either. I tried hard, but I don't think I ever managed 101 goals.)

101 Things I wanted to complete in 1001 days
January 1, 2009 – September 28, 2011 (which was my 45th birthday)

Stuff I decided not to do (Intentionally did not do)
  1. Tag all my photos in Easy Share (not using Easy Share any more)
  2. Revisit the list on a monthly basis. (Did not look at the list much)
  3. List DVD's on DVDswap (Decided to sell instead)
  4. Use my Coke rewards points for something nice (stopped using Coke rewards)
  5. Figure out how to use the music feature on my phone. (It wasn't possible.)
  6. Grow flowers (Not my thing.)
  7. Keep my nails done for 30 consecutive days (Don't like the maintenance.)
  8. Get contact lenses (though I still may change my mind)
  9. Go camping 5 times in 5 new places (just more than I can manage the way things are)
  10. Teach children how to sew (not going to happen)
  11. Sew doll clothes (see #10)
  12. Decide on and complete a reading challenge for 2010 (couldn't keep up that year, started working at Butler Hill)
  13. Attend SOF support monthly (didn't fit my schedule)
  14. Plan monthly family game days (with another family???) (put this in the dream category; too much bickering!)
  15. Take each child out alone 1x per month (This ended up being too frequent and too expensive. But I do try to find alone time with each one as often as I can.)
  16. Visit in laws 1x per month 
  17. Write 2000 words a day 6 days a week (No time once I started working)
  18. Type the kids' novels (They can do it, if they want them typed.)
  19. Keep the checkbook balanced 6 months in a row (more than I can handle. Maybe Bob will decide this is HIS personal goal. lol)
Stuff I did! YAY me!
  1. Prayerfully consider options for external activities before committing. (just because everyone is jumping off the bridge doesn’t mean you have to.)
  2. Say no to a request that I really want to accept, but would be better if I didn't
  3. Decide if I am going back to work full time or writing part time
  4. Work on the 101 in 1001 days list
  5. Pack up Christmas stuff - 1-4-09
  6. Redo the job chart - 1-1-09
  7. Redo the schedule - 1-1-09
  8. Clean out car weekly
  9. Get rid of 101 things that we no longer use or need
  10. Wrap the Christmas books before I put them away. (but then we never read them! lol)
  11. Plan a healthy lifestyle eating program
  12. Find a new breakfast (1/2 cup Kashi, 6 oz light yogurt) 1-2-09
  13. Lose 5 pounds 1-17-09
  14. Lose 10 pounds (cumulative)
  15. Lose 15 pounds (cumulative)
  16. Lose 20 pounds (cumulative) - but gained back 20 lbs
  17. Lose 25 pounds (cumulative) - but gained back 20 lbs
  18. Lose 30 pound (cumulative) - but gained back 20 lbs
  19. Lose 35 pounds (cumulative) - but gained back 20 lbs
  20. Follow exercise plan for 30 days. (3x/wk, low impact aerobics) 1-31-09
  21. Follow exercise plan for 60 days. (running)
  22. Follow exercise plan for 90 days. (running)
  23. Paint the final yellow coat on house exterior (with my family)
  24. Learn to like three new healthy foods
  25. Learn how to utilize Sparkpeople to its full capacities
  26. Take my vitamins every day for 6 weeks
  27. Paint the white trim (or make Bob do it) - we did one coat; it might need another
  28. Be able to take my wedding ring off (either naturally or get it resized) - got it cut off
  29. Find a purse I really like that holds my stuff well
  30. Find an outdoor hobby to do with all the kids - found an active hobby (not outdoors): karate
  31. Walk with children 3x per week for 4 months
  32. Rewatch the LOTR trilogy (but did not manage ALL the extras like I originally planned)
  33. Be more intentional about computer time 
  34. Get my sewing machine fixed or replaced
  35. Obtain a larger TV
  36. Take the girls to the ballet
  37. Complete the 999 Reading Challenge in 2009
  38. Reconnect with a certain friend - done via facebook 
  39. Make an effort to call people on the phone - but not enough
  40. Participate in NaNoWriMo 2009
  41. Participate in NaNoWriMo 2010
  42. Work on Part 2 of Forget me not (my first novel)
  43. Tweak budget until it works - Bob did this via Dave Ramsey
  44. Become debt free - done! Thanks, Dave Ramsey!
  45. Read the Bible from beginning to end
  46. Focus on getting to know God through prayer

Stuff I didn't get to, but are still personal goals
  1. Redo my recipe book (1 recipe per day)
  2. Get caught up in scrapbooking (getting there!)
  3. Plan weekly for menus and shop accordingly
  4. Make a plan for keeping kids rooms clean
  5. Organize an emergency kit including flashlight and candles
  6. Get important papers in order
  7. Clean out my facebook in box
  8. Catalog all my books on computer
  9. Buy an album for the 8x10 baby photos
  10. Do monthly breast exams
  11. Lose 40 pounds (cumulative – be at goal weight)
  12. Donate blood
  13. Learn to drink coffee black
  14. Make my house someplace I love to be
  15. Repaint each room inside the house
  16. Replace all window shades with cellular shades
  17. Have a nice family portrait done
  18. Find a hobby to do with Bob
  19. Go to a circus with the kids
  20. Sew denim Christmas stockings - in progress now!
  21. Go horseback riding
  22. See Mamma Mia on stage
  23. Take the kids to see Fiddler on the Roof
  24. Go someplace special on our anniversary each year
  25. Write to my mom once a month
  26. Write a letter to someone who has helped me each month
  27. Write a letter to each of my siblings
  28. Edit Mystery Valley Ranch
  29. Send 3 query letters a week
  30. Find something to sew my NaNo patches on
  31. Complete a Bible study – either a group study or personally

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

This was really interesting. I'll bet it was really hard to come up with those and they're all goodies. :)