Thursday, June 30, 2011

July is the Busiest Month...

So, we're camping this weekend - first trip of the year for us and camping with friends! YaY!

And today is the end of June, so I am looking ahead to July and I am a teensy bit overwhelmed!

So, we will spend the first 4 days of July camping. Which meant I spent the last day of June preparing for it and I'll spend several days cleaning up from it! And then cap it off with a Beach Day.

What else do we have in store? Oh, you just wait.  Keep in mind, of course, that I work 4-5 hours every day. We have our regular twice-a-week commitment to karate. I am trying to work out 6 days a week. This is usually enough to fill my days.

But no! There's more!

The second weekend of July is more camping - Cousin Camp, which sounds SO FUN!

The second week of July brings soccer camp for the boys - 4 evenings that week. Suzy is doing Field School at the nature center that week Tues-Fri from 9-2. I am selling books in a used book sale that Thursday, which means I have to drive down to drop the books OFF on Wed. David is going to a martials arts tactics camp that weekend and I am going scrapbooking.

That throws us wildly into the third week of July. This week is James' turn at the Nature Center Tues-Fri from 9-3. He'll miss Beach Day that week. James and Suzy want to go to a VBS in the evenings this week. That weekend is blessedly FREE ... for now.

So I get a little breather before jumping into the fourth week of the month, which holds four more nights soccer camp for David and James, a soccer VBS at night for Suzy, CO-OP registration (which somewhere in there I have to help prepare for and spend a day working at). I get a $10 massage this week too, which I have a feeling I am going to really NEED!

The month ends pleasantly with a Book Club trip to see Shakespeare in the Park and go out for GELATO. And I already read the book!

By the end of July I will be running 5 miles easily, according to my training plan. 

Whew! Thankfully, August isn't so busy!

And did you notice? Emily has NOTHING TO DO! Anyone want to occupy Emily?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, aren't these supposed to be "the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer?" I see the "crazy" part, but where is the lazy and hazy? Love, Mom

Denise Bryant said...

WOW! That IS busy!

Debbie Schlarb said...

Sounds like July is going to fly by!