On the way home, we saw GORGEOUS bright rainbows. Amazing! The kids were enthralled, even the apathetic teen!
This was kind of a quiet week.
I did get in all my workouts - Sun: 2 mile run, Mon: karate, Tues: 2 mile run, Wed: rest day (unplanned), Thur: light workout at karate & 2 mile run; Fri: intervals class (40 min cardio, 20 min abs), Sat: rest day. After my run on Sunday, I will have 2 weeks of my 10K training plan completed.
I've been looking into getting my master's degree. Not for any real reason. I just miss going to school. It's kind of expensive and I missed the June 1 deadline for scholarships, so I probably won't apply until next spring. If I want Library Science, Wayne State is really the only option. Really I am thinking more of Literature and/or Composition. With a MA, I could teach at the college level. It may come to nothing, or maybe next year, I'll be back in college. What I really need to find out is if any of the 20 hours I already did at the graduate level would still count. That was back in 1991-92, so probably not, but I need to find out.
We are camping with friends this coming weekend at a new campground. It's near Maryann's house, so she'll come hang out with us, I think. Gotta consider how to fit in the workouts while I am camping. Can't take the time off or I will lose my momentum. We did buy the popup that we borrowed last year (can't remember if I mentioned that or not), so we do have a camper.
Sunday - Relax, Church,
Monday - WORK5, Karate, AYSO meeting
Tuesday - WORK 5, Beach Day, Lord of the Rings in the theater
Wednesday - WORK 5, kickboxing, church
Thursday - WORK 5, Karate
Friday - WORK? , Camping
Saturday - Camping
Sunday -Camping
Monday - Camping
3 comments:
Way to go on your exercising!
Hard to know what to do for the future, huh? Going to college again would be fun for you, I'll bet!
I'm so impressed with your working out! I'm new at trying to add in more activity (chasing the toddler?) and trying to lose weight. Some days I really just want chocolate:p I hope you are able to pursue a Master's Deg. George would like to teach online. Have you considered doing that, or taking a bulk of your classes online? Not sure what's avail with your interests though...maybe it works better for computer sci or business. Someday I'd like to get my bachelors deg. I have an associates, but did not take it further (regretting that now!) I liked college a lot and hope to return someday. I've never been sure what to get it in, though (I occasionally think "history", but not sure that's a good fit for me).
Oh, thinking of going back to school....now that would be a committment, right? And pretty exciting! Love, Mom
Post a Comment