Monday, March 15, 2010

March Half Gone, Playaway, Foot Pain

Somehow I hurt my left foot. It started hurting Saturday, but the last time I worked out was Thursday, so I don't know if or how that could be connected. I actually first noticed it after I stood up from sitting for a while. I had been wearing some shoes that I don't really like, so I tend to think it was that. HOWEVER, it still hurts now, 48 hours later. Wasn't so bad yesterday because I didn't go anywhere, but today I had to teach Spanish and I usually dress up for that.

I am hoping it isn't plantar fasciitis like my friend Dar is dealing with, and like Bob has dealt with in the past. Took some Aleve and will wrap it tomorrow to see if that helps. I am BUMMING since it is finally getting nice out!

Went to the Lapeer library today and they had Echo in the Bone on a playaway. That's a little MP3 player that just has one audiobook on it. They lend it to you like that and all you need is headphones (or something else to play it with, like car speakers). I have been waiting for this book for several months now, so I am geeked to have it. But when will I listen? LOL

Also got the new Fame DVD from the library. Hope to watch New Moon this week too since it comes out on DVD.

What else is new? Hmmm.... Bob's been working 4 days a week for several weeks now, so that's good. My job is going ok. I have to really watch the way I use my right hand on the mouse. There are a number of shortcuts I can do with my left hand, but I really have to force myself to do it since I am so much more efficient with the mouse. It's taking a toll on my wrist though.

I picked up 3 extra hours last week, and just signed up for 3 more extra hours this week too. Every little bit helps.

Bob's dad is in a nursing home now. Bob is going to go see him tomorrow for the first time there. He's nearly 90 and declining, I think.

David stayed home from Spanish today since he wasn't feeling very well. He seems better now. Several of us have fought a queasiness that thankfully didn't really develop into anything more serious. It's kind of nice to have a child old enough to stay home alone when ill. I did warn him that he was not to partake in any Ferris Bueller shenanigans. lol

I decided I am not going to teach any more essay classes this spring; I was considering scheduling two more. It's time-consuming enough just to keep up with the job. There's always time later. I do have two students that I think I will be tutoring in writing.

March is half-over! How did that happen?

No comments: