Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Employment Saga Continues

Tonight I sent out a few resumes and completed an online job app or two. Thought y'all might be interested in the jobs I've applied for recently.

The last three weeks have brought these employment opportunities to my notice, and I've applied for each one.
  • Merchandiser
  • Dispatcher at a Towing Company
  • Special Services Notetaker at a local community college
  • Stage Crew at the community college
  • Clerical Assistant, also at the community college
  • Coordinator of Learning Support Services, one more at the community college
  • Any available position at a local grocery store
  • Court Researcher
  • Manager of a local tanning salon (cuz, ya know, I'm so TAN and all. lolol)
  • Leasing Agent for an apartment community
  • Teacher/Coordinator at some kind of daycare/preschool or something
  • Weekend Assembly work at a temp agency (even THEY don't call me back)
  • Office Assistant
  • Field Interviewer
  • Sales Associate/PreSeller for a portrait company (ok, I am getting desperate, eh?)
  • Operations Manager for a nationwide movie rental company
  • Nutrition Educator
I am trying hard to identify part-time opportunities that allow either a flexible schedule or non-traditional work hours. For full time, I am only considering options that have really excellent pay or weekends only because it would mean the kids have to go to school. And that isn't our goal.

I'd like to do some tutoring, so if anyone is in need of a tutor, please let me know. Also have considered (gasp) babysitting on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

That's a ton of applications for quite the wide variety of jobs. So puzzling why you don't hear back. :(

Hey people! Call Lisa!!!

Debbie Schlarb said...

Sounds frustrating!