Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bob Goes to Work

OK, I know some of you have wondered about Bob's new employment. I didn't say anything much about it before it started for a couple reasons. First, he wasn't all that excited about it. It pays minimum wage and it's not full-time. Second, we were hoping he'd get something else before this job started.

So, anyway, that wasn't God's plan. Bob started at the Salvation Army yesterday. He was hired for a new store, but is training at an existing store (that is farther away). He is working 7 hours 5 days a week this week. I guess we'll see if that continues or changes. He is a back room worker, at least thus far. (One day in, lol)

At least it's a job, eh? Some income is better than none. And he's out of the house doing something. And hopefully a stepping stone to something more lucrative.

5 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Wow - 7 hours x 5 is a lot per week! That will keep him busy as long as those number of hours last. He's building a resume, if anything, right? I'm happy for him!

Sadie said...

I'm glad to hear that he found some work!! :)

Anonymous said...

:) a job is what it is- for some a passion or a calling, for others a social outlet, for others a paycheck--whatever it is, money is always welcome!- Janet

Anonymous said...

Hope good things are in store for y'all. It's a start anyway!
Christy

Debbie Schlarb said...

yay!