Monday, October 13, 2008

Soccer Report

Weather - Sunny, not too chilly. Started off with a jacket, but took it off.

Suzy's game was at 9. They lost 0-1, but played well. The details escape me now. Suzy fell down in the 3rd or 4th quarter and after that she was just moping around. I called her over and asked her what was wrong and she showed me a red spot on her hand. I kissed it and told her to go run and she did - with renewed energy. The power of a healing kiss! lol

James played at 10:30, which meant I could watch the game. It also meant David could ref the game, which he was not overly thrilled about. James played solidly. He got one clear shot at the goal, but the goalie caught the ball. Great for their goalie, not so good for James. Ah well. He's always where he needs to be and improves in his skills daily. The other team had a player that was so far above everyone else in skill that it was almost unfair. I was sitting by our coach's wife and she told me about a player from last year who complained that one of the opposing players was too good. The coach asked him, "What are you going to do after the game?" The kid said, "Probably watch TV." Coach replied, "Well, THAT kid is probably going to go home and practice soccer." LOL Good point.

Oh yeah, the score? I'm not sure but they did lose.

Don't miss the new post below this one - two posts in one hour! lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The coach made a good point. Love, Mom