Saturday, April 19, 2008

Profound... or not

I have lots of profound thoughts. The problem is they don't usually come to me when I'm sitting here all strung-out from my hectic days. Profundity usually comes when I'm staring at the same plastic part as minute after endless minute turns into hours of dullness.

Lately my assignments have either involved working with another person closely or rapid tasks that don't allow any time for note-taking. The upshot is that my astuteness is locked in my brain and doesn't get to come out and play. Then again, maybe that's for the best! :-)

So, once again you just get the play-by-play.

Co-op went well. Only one more and then we're done for the school year.

I've been buying up some used curriculum in preparation for next year, going on faith that we'll still be able to home educate.

Three soccer games today. (David did not have one scheduled.) All the teams won. Suzy scored two goals and made two assists. She loves playing! Such a change from the first year she played. James played solidly - one quarter he was goalie and blocked the one shot that came at him. Emily played. She runs and runs but doesn't take many chances. I want to work with her on aggressiveness.

We went to a rummage sale, two libraries, a playground, and the post office. We did some cleaning up around the house and outside. The weather is mid-70's and has been sunny and overcast alternately. LOVELY!

David is sick today with a fever and headache. He is feeling better now, but that may just be the ibuprofen. Thus, he did not go any of the above places with us. He stayed home by himself for a while, and for a while Bob stayed with him. It's a good thing he did not have a scheduled game, because he would have either had to forego playing or he would have played sick. What a choice that would have been at 7:30 this morning.

We're going to have pizza now and soon we'll watch a movie. I borrowed several from the libraries - Sense and Sensibility (Austen!), Carrotblanca (Bugs Bunny!), Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Barbie Birthday Party, The Nanny Diaries.

Have been waiting FOREVER for Dan In Real Life to come through interlibrary loan. What are some other good movies that may have come out recently on DVD?

4 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

I'm a blank on most profound things and movies, sorry. :) What a wonderful day to start soccer - it was gorgeous today!

Anonymous said...

I have been totally out of touch with new releases!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear soccer is going well! Hope David is feeling better. Love, Mom

Wee Pip said...

I remember those days of having a repetitive job and being able to loose track of time in my thoughts:) I always wished I could write stuff down during those times. My 1stborn plays soccer like your Emily does...she's a "thinker", not an aggressive, get-in-there and kick the ball kind of kid, so she just runs back and forth. Its still good exercise for her, but I can tell she really wonders what the whole meaning of it is, because it seems rather pointless (...and I was the same way, too!) Karate was a better fit for me because I didn't have to count on having a fast reaction time:)
Sarah