Sunday, April 27, 2008

Homeschool Program

Saturday night was our homeschool co-op's spring program. I was master of ceremonies - lol, fancy name for holding the mic and introducing each group and making announcements.

We had several children play guitar or piano solos. Two teens were especially impressive!

Other highlights - a student-written version of Homer's Odyssey in 4 minutes - very humorous, yet it got the point across, the cheerleading class did several cheers, the Lego Robotics teacher had students demonstrate what they have done in class all year, karate, choir, a puppet play. Lots of creativity and accomplishments! Way to go, kids and teachers!

My kids participated: David demonstrated his Lego robotics skills, Emily sang in the choir, James did karate. Suzy's classes didn't perform.

We ended it all with a Powerpoint presentation of photos from the year. I also was given a card of appreciation for my service to the group. (Thanks!)

The gym was set up with displays from some of the other classes that didn't lend themselves well to presentations - crochet, jewelrymaking, scientific exploration (big hit!), chemistry, gourmet desserts (yummy!), and lots more!

A great end to a great co-op year!

Next year, I am just a mom instead of organizing the co-op. I'll probably teach.

3 comments:

Wee Pip said...

What a great program!! I received a lot of positive feedback from people. It was very enjoyable. Thanks for all your hard work over the years! It has blessed so many families.

Anonymous said...

The program sounds wonderful! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Whew! Sounds like a lot of fun for the kids!