My friend Gina took David's senior pictures on Thursday - gorgeous sunny skies and temps in the upper 70's, although a bit windy. Long hair doesn't co-operate in a stiff breeze! Gina is learning the ins and outs of her fancy camera and offered her services as photographer for David. We are very pleased with the results. He will have a few more photos taken after we all get our red belts in karate in December.
Emily had an oral surgery consult on Tuesday, but it turns out that this particular surgeon doesn't actually take our insurance. So, we are back to square one with that. There is ONE oral surgeon within 50 miles that participates in our plan. And he's in Detroit. I will have to call around and see if I can find someone closer that will work with our insurance.
Last Monday was David's last soccer event - a scrimmage with his teammates on one team and parents and siblings on the other team. James and Emily both played and it was neat to watch all three of them on the field together. I am a bit sad that he will likely never play organized soccer again. Twelve years of soccer has come to an end.
10/28 Sunday - church
Monday - Work 5, karate
Tuesday - Work 5, Lessons, eye dr (J,S), Bob Dr
Wednesday - Work 5, Lessons, massage (L), trick or treating
Thursday - writing classes, Karate, David career expo, NaNoWriMo kickoff, Bob doctor, Bob dentist
Friday - Work 5, Co-op, Girls Church sleepover
Saturday - David Avionics field trip
Bob has this week off in order to install the barn roof - metal roofing. The weather forecast is not very promising. He also has a few doctor appointments - primary care doctor, cardiologist (check up), dentist.
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) begins on Thursday. I am so excited for my 6th year doing this! This will be David's 4th year and the other kids's 3rd year. We are kicking off on Thursday with a write-in at a new frozen yogurt place in Lapeer which is perfect for writing!
James and Suzy have eye doctor appointments this week, just for screening purposes, and Emily and I will order new glasses.
David has two cool field trips this week - one is a STEM (Sci/Tech/Engineering/Math) career expo and the other is an Avionics field trip in which he is supposed to get to actually fly a plane.
I get a massage on Wednesday which is good because there's a lot in the 2 days following that. Wednesday night is trick-or-treating (as long as the weather holds - otherwise we may go to an indoor event because I am wimpy). Thursday there are so many things going on that I can barely keep them straight. Good thing I don't have to be at all of them. I am planning to take that day off from work; thankfully my work hours are flexible like that! One of the things I love about my job. Friday is homeschool co-op - always fun, but always busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment