Friday, August 24, 2012

Weekly Preview and Review

Our camping trip was wonderful. The campground was clean and in a stand of pines. Our site was about half a mile walk from the beach, maybe a little less. The sun shone during the day, making the days warm but not hot. By evening we all wanted our sweatshirts and to sit 'round the campfire - also just perfect!

Monday found us heading out to Michigan's Adventure, a small amusement park about half an hour away. Bob really wasn't expecting to be able to ride much, but we found a couple things he could do. The rest of us all rode a scary wooden rollercoaster called Shivering Timbers and James and I rode the Corkscrew. The little kids rode the most rides because they don't mind the spinning ones that the rest of us can't tolerate. Warned ahead about expensive food ($18.99 for a pizza?) inside the park, we brought a cooler for tailgating. After we ate, we headed back in clad in swimsuits for a go at the water rides and wave pools, which we all enjoyed!

Lake Michigan was our focus on Tuesday and we spent the afternoon on the beach. My sister Janet came to join us and spent the night with the girls in the tent. In the evening, she and I took the kids to the drive in theater where we saw Paranorman (way better than I expected) and Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (about what I expected).

Packing up took all of Wednesday morning and then we struck out for Grand Rapids where we stopped for a couple hours to visit with my parents. Then home again, home again, jiggedy jig.

We passed our karate test and received our new stripes last night at belt promotion! Pix on facebook.

Thursday and Friday the kids started painting the barn. They've already used almost 5 gallons of paint! Ack! Gotta get more, I guess.

David still feels sore, but he's going to try soccer practice tonight.

8/26 Sunday - church?
Monday - Work 5, Soccer (D)
Tuesday - Work 5, Soccer (J,S), Co-op Orientation for new families
Wednesday - Work 5, church?
Thursday - Work 5, Soccer (J,S)
Friday - Work 5, Park Day, Soccer (D)
Saturday - Work 5, Soccer (D)

No karate this week! I will spend most of the week getting ready for lessons to start the day after Labor Day. James will jump back into soccer practice and Suzy will have her first practice. Games start September 8th. I'm also going to try to pick up some extra hours.

No comments: