We spent an idyllic afternoon at Lake Huron with some homeschool friends. The weather was not too hot nor too chilly. No waves, but the kids didn't seem to mind too much.
On the way TO the beach, I started feeling very very sick. Enough that I stopped the van and got out, trying to decide if I needed to throw up or go home. But after a few minutes (10?), the queasy awful feeling just went away. I felt 90% better all at once, having done nothing. I said to the kids, "Who was praying for me?" They all said, "ME!" Thanks kids! And praise God for healing me. I felt fine the rest of the day and since.
James had his first soccer practice, but due to karate test & promotion, as well as our vacation, he won't be able to go to another one until August 28th. Suzy starts practice that night as well. She has a coaching team she has had before. She will be U12 this year and James is U14 (which is a TRAVEL LEAGUE). So now I have three kids on travel teams, although thankfully David only plays fall and Emily only plays spring.
Have you ever had a therapeutic massage? It is not the same as a relaxation-type massage, but is more like physical therapy. The goal of a therapeutic massage is outcome-based, either to maintain wellness or to improve or solve physical issues such as carpal tunnel. I had my third therapeutic massage yesterday; Bob also had a massage. We go to a local massage school and pay only $10 for an hour treatment. Best deal around! I made appointments for both of us and for David too, to go back in September.
David took a shoulder to the chest at soccer practice Friday night. Bob took him to the doctor Saturday morning for X-rays because he was still complaining of pain and not being able to draw a deep breath. The doctor said no broken bones, but he has internal contusions and he should take it easy until he feels better. So he did not go to Saturday practice. He will miss Monday practice since we will be camping so hopefully he will feel better by Friday.
8/19 Sunday - heading to Hoffmaster
Monday - Michigan's Adventure!
Tuesday - Lake Michigan & Drive-in Theater!
Wednesday - Visiting Grandma and Grandpa and then heading home
Thursday - Work 5, karate, Karate Promotion!
Friday - Work 5, Soccer (D)
Saturday - Work 5, Soccer (D)
Camping time again! This is our second camping trip this summer and we are heading to Hoffmaster State Park for the first time. We also plan to visit Michigan's Adventure and the local drive-in theater while we are on the west side of the state. On our way home, we hope to spend a little time with Grandma and Grandpa. We have never camped on Lake Michigan before. Feel free to come out and visit us!
We should receive our 2nd stripe on our green belts at Karate Promotion on Thursday night.
And, um, I have to work hard Thursday - Saturday to make up for missing Mon-Wed. I also need to get cracking on some lesson planning. I just can't get excited about that this year.
Oh, and one more thing. David has decided that he doesn't want to do Robotics this year. Tough decision. And we left it up to him. It is his senior year, after all. He still has a few days to change his mind.
1 comment:
I've been meaning to ask you about the massage! How does it feel for you? Are you taking an epsom salt bath afterward? That helps me a lot. That price is amazing!!
Post a Comment