Cousin Camping report: Ten cousins + three aunts + really hot weather + swimming pool + lots of space = a lot of fun! The kids all had a blast, from age 6 to age 17. We got there just after lunch on Saturday and stayed until just after lunch on Sunday. The fun included swimming, crafts, ice cream cake, video games, movies, running around with glow sticks, sleeping in the basement (boys), camping in a tent (girls), trying out David's katana (sword) and samurai armor, and more I'm forgetting at present. I am really glad that Christy invited us again this summer and I hope we can make this an annual event. We missed those who weren't there this time so maybe next year there will be more than 13 present for all the fun! (Hint: my kids really missed Grandma and Grandpa! So, I guess we'll need to find a time to come and visit.)
On the Fourth of July, Bob had to work, but I had big plans to go here and there doing patriotic summery things. But the heat changed my mind and we hibernated inside watching movies instead. The girls walked uptown to watch the children's parade, which was basically two fire trucks and a bunch of kids on bikes. Oh, and some strollers. They were disgusted. lol My friend called and invited us over to see some fireworks in their backyard, which was fun!
Bob had Thursday - Sunday off since he had worked Sunday and the 4th. So he has been working on the van replacing the transmission solenoids and doing a few other things. Yes, even in this horrid heat.
Speaking of my husband, Bob has been working out, lifting weights and doing ab work. He is looking more muscular and his weight is the lowest it's been since I've known him! He turned 51 in May, you know! So, I'm really inspired by his level of fitness. Now, I'm directing my prayers toward that cane.
7/8 Sunday - Sending 3 kids off to camp for the week!
Monday - Work 4; karate
Tuesday - Work 4, Beach Day
Wednesday - Work 4
Thursday - Work 4, karate, garage sales
Friday - Work 4
Saturday - Book Club
James has had plans for months to go with the Royal Rangers to Camporama in Missouri and the time has finally arrived! He leaves Sunday and will be back in the wee hours of Saturday morning. They'll be tent camping and having their meals cafeteria-style. He'll be able to swim (in a pool) and do paintball and tons of other exciting activities. I'm really glad the weather will be cooling off a bit since it's been over 100 for days where they are going and the area is in the midst of a drought.
More of a last minute idea is David and Emily going to youth camp with the church we go to on Wednesday nights (the youth group church). I had been tossing it around in the back of my mind since I heard about it. David wanted to go; Emily did not. A variety of reasons made me decide not to pursue it and I knew we'd missed the deadline. But then on Monday, I decided to contact the youth pastor and see if it was a possibility for them to still attend. And he worked it out! So, I made the decision for both of them.
So, they're off to camp on Sunday as well and will return on Friday. They are going to the campground where we camped three times for Family Camp and David has attended youth camp there twice (with a different church).
So, Suzy and I have the week home together! Come back next weekend to see what she and I did for some special times. :-)
And BOOK CLUB on Saturday!
2 comments:
What a nice update! And a calm week ahead.....Suzy will be an "only child" for a few days....what a treat for her!! Love, Mom
Yup, your hibernating sounds like how my week went too! Too hot.
Way to go Bob!
I hope your 3 kids have a great time at camp (even Emily!). Enjoy your week with Suzy!
Post a Comment