Since most of my readers were at the wonderful Christmas celebration, I won't recap too much. We didn't have enough time to do everything properly, since we were delayed, but it was enjoyable and low-key anyway. The sense of camaraderie amongst the cousins amazed us all!
To celebrate James' birthday (belatedly), we stayed in a hotel at his request. He and Suzy didn't ever remember staying in a hotel. The pleasant suite met all my expectations and the kids loved every bit of it. I didn't sleep well, but I usually don't on my first night away, so I don't fault the hotel. We all romped in the pool and soaked in the hot tub. An extensive hot breakfast was included, so we ate heartily before checking out. Something I'd never seen before was the pancake machine! Push a button and a minute later two hot pancakes drop out onto your plate! We will stay here again, I am sure.
12/18 Sunday - James' Party and Drive home
Monday - Work 4, Lessons, Karate
Tuesday - Work 4, Lessons, Movie Night
Wednesday - Work 4, Lessons, Church
Thursday - Work 4, Karate
Friday - WORK 4, Lessons
Saturday - Christmas Eve
Sunday - Christmas Day
My kids will have lessons throughout this entire week, but then will have two full weeks off. We won't begin lessons again until January 9th. Our Christmas celebration here will likely include a drive to see Christmas lights sometime this week and a Christmas Eve church service. We won't go to church on Christmas Day, or go anywhere really on that day. I have a bit more shopping to do so I need to get cracking on that. Our work hours are adjusted for the holiday. Even though Dec 24-25 are on the weekend, we can take off Dec 23 and Dec 26 if we want to. If we want to work, we have that option as well. I will probably work on those days anyway, or work 5 hours the other days to make up my hours, just like always. It's nice they give us the option, but our holidays aren't PAID, so if we take off the hours, the paycheck is lessened as well. Gonna go see Sherlock Holmes 2 with friends this week, I think! YAY!
1 comment:
Have a great week!!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment