Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekly Preview and Review

Sunday - Recovery
Monday - WORK 4 hrs, Lessons
Tuesday - WORK 4, Lessons, AYSO meeting
Wednesday - WORK 4, Lessons
Thursday - WORK 4 Lessons, Austentatious Dance class/Movie Day
Friday - WORK 4
Saturday - Book Club!

Well, I never wrote a review last week. So the post just went up today though it says Feb 12 since that's the day I started writing it. Sorry about that. Plans for last week mostly were changed anyway because we were all sick at one point or another.

David got sick last Sunday, I think, and he was not able to go to his last drivers ed class on Monday night. So he has two classes to make up during the last week of February. He was sick for at least 3 days with fever and aches and now it has changed into coughing.

Emily has had a bad cold. James started running a fever on Thursday WHILE he was at a friend's house. I felt like the Bad Mama then, but I had taken his temp before he left and it was normal. Suzy started running a temp today and she's had sniffles all week. I started feeling bad on Thursday also and today have a nasty cough. Bob, surprisingly, has stayed healthy. He worked an extra day last week (5 days!) so he wasn't IN the house much.

The Austentatious Dance day went SO WELL. We had about 14 people come to walk through some of the dances with a friend of mine who has done some dance re-enactments at Mackinac. I wasn't expecting it to be so fun! I think Emily enjoyed it too, despite a few moments of being overwhelmed at not knowing which way to go. David was not able to attend because he was sick still, but we have one more session next week.

Gymnastics last week was nice. Emily was sick so she didn't go, but James and Suzy really enjoy it. We didn't go to the free movie night (Wizard of Oz) though we could have. I was just feeling schedule pressures.

James was running a fever so he didn't go to co-op. I was originally planning to leave him home alone. (He's 11; we're only a mile away.) But I decided to stay home with him because of the rough night he had Thursday night, and I was glad I did because his fever went up high during the day twice and he would have been miserable if he was alone. I was sicker than I had anticipated too, so probably it was better that I didn't go to co-op. The other 3 kids went under Darlene's supervision.

I worked 4 extra hours this past week and Bob picked up an extra 8 hour day. He has a new supervisor and apparently there were some scheduling issues.

Emily's regency gown doesn't fit her very well. It's very tight. So, I think we are going to look for another. I am rather bummed since I've already done a LOT of work on that dress. When I had her try it on, she said she can't breathe in it. Well, if you have to dance wearing it, you do need to breathe. Maybe I should get her a girdle instead? Don't know. But I am back to square 1 for her costume.

Found out the 10K on Mackinac is the same day as a good friend's son's graduation open house. So, change of plans there. :-( I am disappointed.

James wants to go to the zoo. He likes the zoo. A lot. He asks about it all the time. So, I will soon make plans to take him to the zoo.

There is some progress on the yearbook. I need to connect with Darlene since I missed co-op yesterday and see what stuff was turned in. Then I can finish compiling everything, upload it to lulu.com and make the order.



1 comment:

Debbie Schlarb said...

I hope everyone is well soon.