Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekly Preview and Review

So, a lot of our plans changed from last week due to the "blizzard". Not sure I'd actually call it a blizzard, but it certainly was a lot more snow, wind, and bitter cold than I'd prefer to have. I think we got about 8-10 inches of snow. It was hard to tell since it blew around so much.

The movie night was canceled on Tuesday.
Bob did not have to work Wednesday and wasn't scheduled to work Thursday anyway.
Art class was canceled Wednesday.
David's driver's ed was canceled Wednesday & Thursday since school was called off.

Since I don't drive to work, my work scheduled went forward as usual. I worked 4 hours each day. So that's 2 weeks in a row of normal work and my schedule just seems so much more open. Of course, that's probably because just about everything was canceled last week! LOL

We did not have snow days when school was called off. I prefer to take our days off when I actually like to go outside.

David and I watched all of Firefly and then followed it up with the Serenity movie, which is a followup to the canceled series. And I keep finding myself wishing I could watch a new episode. Something about it just draws me. What's funny is that I watched the Serenity movie a few years ago and it didn't interest me too much then. But having watched all of Firefly (which is only 14 episodes, as the show didn't last too long) sure gives me a different perspective!

We've also started watching Psych on Netflix Instant. Well, David is rewatching it since he has seen most of them already. I like it more than I thought I would, but I was under the impression it was a sitcom.

Co-op on Friday went really well. We are starting to prepare for next year, gathering class proposals and organizing the leadership team. I will be Assistant Coordinator next year. My Austentatious class is the most fun class I've ever had the pleasure of teaching. We are practicing a skit for the End of the Year program and this month we will have two dance classes to prepare for the ball we are going to in March. My kids like their classes and love seeing their friends.

I did the taxes yesterday. That's a load off my mind - 1) to have it done and 2) because I don't owe anything, which I was worried about as an independent contractor.

The co-op yearbook is going to be my focus for the next few days. I am in charge of collecting the pictures and pages and compiling it on a self-publishing site (lulu.com). I have the bulk of everything turned in now, so it's a matter of getting it all onto pages (digitally) and uploading.

This afternoon I think I'll be doing some sewing. Didn't get to any yesterday.

I redid the job chart and instead of rotating jobs daily, we are now rotating weekly. Each child has two rooms they are "in charge" of keeping tidy and daily jobs in those rooms. They each also have a meal prep or meal clean-up chore.

Sunday - Church, James to a friend
Monday - WORK 4 hrs, Lessons, SOF meeting
Tuesday - WORK 4, Lessons, D-drivers ed, Rollerskating
Wednesday - WORK 4, Lessons, D-drivers ed
Thursday - WORK 4 Lessons, D-drivers ed
Friday - WORK 4, Valentine bowling party, D-youth retreat
Saturday - D-youth retreat

Looks like another cold week in store! I am really ready for this to be done.

Oh yeah, I am hoping to run a 10K in June on Mackinac Island. That's 18 weeks away. I can't really start training until the weather is a bit more cooperative. Hurry up, nice weather!

I do want to do kickboxing three times this week. But if I make it twice, I will call that a success. I haven't done any exercising in a couple months. I know I keep saying I want to start, but really all I want to do is huddle on the couch and watch TV. Getting the kickboxing going again will help me when I step outside and start running.

My goal for the next few months is to replace our living room furniture with nicer (but still used) items - two recliners and a couch to begin with. I also want to get the kitchen counters replaced since the old-fashioned stuff on there now has been covered with contact paper for years and years. And the barn roof needs to be replaced, but that will wait for spring, as will that second long-overdue coat of yellow paint on the house. And the first coat on the barn. Sigh, there is sure a lot to do.

3 comments:

Debbie Schlarb said...

I'm hoping to get a new to us (used) couch this spring as well...our current couch is SO uncomfortable! Good luck with your furniture search.

Wee Pip said...

We like Serenity & Firefly, too. I think we overlooked ff, but after seeing ser, we found ff much more interesting. Wish they'd made more episodes! It's kinda like a space-western. Noticed you have Reading Reflex on your bookshelf. I own that one, too. I used it in conjunction with other things for both girls. I envision using it for Georgie someday, if we go a more hands-on route (somehow, I envision us being more hands-on for her, not sure why - and I could be wrong). I think I own waay too many phonics programs:p

Niffercoo said...

Glad to hear you'll be running again this spring!

I've really wanted to watch Firefly - the creator is Joss Whedon who did Buffy, and you know how much I love Buffy. The hero in FF is a villain in Buffy! :) (Actor, not the same character)

Glad about the taxes... this is the 2nd year we haven't had to pay in. Russ' band works on a contract basis as well, but there just hasn't been enough work to affect our taxes that dramatically the last 2 years. That sure is nice! :)

It was great talking to you the other night!