Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekly Preview and Review

Saturday - Family Christmas in GR
Sunday - Come home from GR (without Suzy!)
Monday - WORK 5 hrs, Do Christmas Cards? Wrap gifts
Tuesday - WORK, Go pick up Suzy and then errands and visit a friend
Wednesday - WORK, Christmas cookies and go look at lights?
Thursday - WORK, Last minute Christmas stuff
Friday - WORK, Christmas EVE!
Saturday - Christmas DAY!

Mostly family reads this blog so I won't rehash Mellon Christmas. (Unless someone out there really wants me to.) Suzy stayed in GR with Mom and Dad for some special grandkid/grandparent time. I will get her on Tuesday.

Last week was a blur of work and Christmas preparations. I went shopping (online and in person). I much prefer online shopping. How easy is that!? And some really great deals! I worked almost 5 extra hours last week, which as I have mentioned really taps me out.

We did lessons a couple days last week and then moved to Christmas gift preparations. Each of the kids made some. David created a lovely watermelon pencil sketch for my parents, James made fudge, and the girls made ornaments.

Monday and Tuesday last week were very snowy, windy, and cold, so all of our activities were canceled and we stayed home. That was nice and relaxing.

I have traditionally served ham on Christmas Day, but this year Bob asked me to serve something else. No religious reason (lol) - he just wants some variety. I thought of a beef roast, but when I went grocery shopping last night at Walmart, I checked their beef roasts and some
of them were $50+! Of course, I could choose a regular chuck roast or something like that. But I went online to a Christian moms forum I am a part of and posed the question to them. One of the moms says she always just does snack-y trays of salami, cheese, crackers, veggies, fruits, sweets, etc.... When I mentioned that to Bob, he really liked the ideas. So I think that's what I'll do! EASY! Love that part. I will cook some pierogies my friend is selling at some point that day, or maybe Christmas Eve. And I want cheesy potatoes. So I will make that.

Also, I want a waffle maker. Walmart has one in their ad for $14.88 and Kmart has one for $20. I looked at the local Walmart but they didn't have that one. Thinking we will have Belgian waffles on Christmas morning.

I can't think of much else and I want to go get the Christmas cards done and watch a movie.

I miss my baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your baby is doing just fine! Love, Mom

Debbie Schlarb said...

Snacky stuff sounds like a great idea for Christmas! Enjoy!