Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekly Preview and RECAP

Saturday - Soccer practice (D), Packing for Camping, Book Club
Sunday - Packing and Leaving for Camping
Monday - Camp, WORK 3 hrs, Soccer practice (D)
Tuesday - Camp, WORK 3
Wednesday - Camp, WORK 3,
Thursday - Camp and Come home at bedtime, WORK 3
Friday - Interview, WORK 3, Soccer GAME (D @ Lapeer East)
Saturday - something niggles at the back of my mind.... but what???

I took 5 hours off this week, so I can work my hours several ways - five 3's, three 5's, four 4's minus 1. There may be extra hours so I can make them up if needed.

My interview was supposed to be Tuesday, but they rescheduled it to Friday. I have an hour time slot. Five-ten minutes of that is to be a sample storytime lesson. Christy has shared some of her files with me since this is what SHE does at her job. I LOOOVE the thought of working in a library. Absolutely adore the idea. How I can do that full time and continue to homeschool, I am not sure. I guess I'll take it one step at a time - I have not even INTERVIEWED yet. LOL But it's funny how just about every homeschool mom I talk to has the same response.

Me: I have an interview for a full time library job.
Her: What are you going to do with the kids?

LOL - Not "wow, cool." Or "Do you think this is God's provision for your family?" or even "I know you've always wanted to work in a library." Nope, just - "Will the kids go back to school?"

I don't WANT to send the kids to school. But I DO want to pay our bills and have money for things we need. Like a new roof. Or a replacement vehicle. Or soccer shoes.

What I do think is that I can't homeschool, work full time, and be the soccer registrar. That job eats up too much time, even though I really enjoy doing it despite the headaches. Maybe I can find someone to be an assistant registrar.

Hmmm..... thoughts, thoughts.....

David will go to his soccer practice on Monday. One of the coaches is camping with us and 4 or 5 of the boys camping are on the team, so they will all go together. His first game is Friday afternoon - it's a home game at Lapeer East. Come out and watch!

The other kids won't be going to their practices this week. I already will be driving back and forth so I can get my work done in the mornings. I'm not coming back every night to bring them to practice and besides, they don't want to miss out on the evening activities at camp.

Ok, the kids are bugging me to get moving on the packing. Maybe I can come back and blog some more later. To be honest though, probably not. LOL

2 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Enjoy your camping week! Wishing you well on the interview!

Debbie Schlarb said...

Lots of decisions to make if the job is offered to you, sounds like.