Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weekly Preview and Review - Feb 17

Saturday was a karate test for Red Gold level. We all felt quite successful!

Gymnastics was on the docket for Wednesday - our second time attending open gym. The boys really work out HARD! We plan to attend again this week.

I had a routine mammogram on Tuesday - fun. Not.

James went to a Royal Rangers winter campout over the weekend and had a good time. He even slept outdoors one night in a shelter he made with a couple of the other boys. BRAVE, don't you think?

I got the taxes done today, as well as David's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). He also has now applied to five schools and we are working on scholarship apps. He will be visiting two colleges this week and another one next week.

We had a make-up date for co-op last Friday (2/15) since the one before it had been canceled.

Saturday night, I went out to eat with a couple of friends - had a Monte Cristo sandwich and some very tasty onion petals. Mmm..... Then we rented a couple of DVD's and settled in for an evening of movie-watching. Tried Moonrise Kingdom - just TOO odd to watch and we all agreed to turn it off. Next was Loopers - interesting, but unsatisfying in my opinion. Oh well, at least we only spent $2.50 on the movies.

I went without any candy from January 1st to Valentine's Day. Since then, I've rather made up for the time off! LOL But soon I will regroup and be a good girl again. I did manage my weight loss goal of 10 lbs lost before the karate test. Setting myself another 10 lb loss goal before the test in May.

I have managed a couple weeks with extra work hours.

2/17 Sunday - Campout ends (J)
Monday - Work 5, Lessons, Karate, Dr. (Bob)
Tuesday - Work 5, Lessons, College Visits (D)
Wednesday - Work 5, Lessons, Gym (DJS), Dissection (E), Church
Thursday - Work 5, Bob Dr Appt, P&P play (LE)
Friday - Co-op
Saturday - EMPTY CALENDAR SQUARE!

This week David will be visiting two colleges, Emily will have her second dissection class, we will go to Open Gym, and Emily and I will see a performance of Pride and Prejudice with our book club. Co-op will finish out the week and I have NO WEEKEND PLANS! That may sound sad, but with so many weekends chock-full of STUFF, this will be nice.

We have no writing classes this week because of the P&P play and that makes it convenient for me to take Bob to his medical tests on Thursday morning. We also will skip karate that day; since we just had our test, it is an appropriate time to miss class.

And that will bring us to NEXT Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a varied week!! Love, Mom