Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekly Preview and Review

Too wet for the egg hunt - rescheduled.
20 teens in a room learning to write essays - went well.
Karate class - I think I have my form memorized and so do most of the kids. We are also learning a bowstaff form.
Soccer - All the kids had their first games - Emily's team won, though I did not go to the game. James's team also won. Suzy's team played hard but lost. I went to a board meeting and talked things through for registration. Also brought an Assistant Registrar on board with the goal of him taking over for me next year when I am done.
House - We got the rooms moved but lost momentum and stuff isn't put away yet. We bought some furniture from a friend who is moving - a couch, 2 desks, a dresser, and a shelving unit thingie. Finding a place for all of that and getting it into place took a while. Next is getting the landing all organized; it also needs to be painted but that may wait until soccer is over.
Easter - Went to the Vineyard church this morning - nice service. My friend Donna and her daughter participated in the worship dance. Had ham dinner afterwards at home, then had a nice afternoon. We dyed our eggs today and had an egg hunt and a jellybean hunt. The kids watched a movie. Bob and David took a long nap and Suzy put on a play for me.

Sunday - Relax, church
Monday - WORK 4 hrs, Lessons
Tuesday - WORK 4, 1/2 day Lessons, Soccer Practice (E,J,S), karate, SOF leadership mtg
Wednesday - WORK 4, Lessons, Youth Group/Church (D,J), Soccer Game (E)
Thursday - WORK 4, Lessons, Karate, Soccer Practice (S)
Friday - WORK 4, Egg Hunt, Soccer Game (E-away)
Saturday - Self-defense (D), Soccer Game (J,E)
Sunday - Relax!, Church

Still looking for a van and a couple of recliners. And I wouldn't sneer at a reasonably priced treadmill.

Gonna go get my jammies on and kick David off the TV so I can watch a movie. Have a great week, everyone! And I hope you had a blessed Easter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to get some new furniture! Love, Mom

Denise Bryant said...

Your weeks always sound so busy! I dislike losing motivation on a project - totally understand that soccer kind of takes over for awhile!

Wee Pip said...

That's neat that you get to learn a bowstaff form. I'm always a little jealous...I wasn't allowed to learn weapons until blackbelt (although I did take a nunchuck class once as a redbelt). As a result, it was very difficult to learn weapons because classes weren't really available.