Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekly Preview and Review

Saturday - New Year's Day & Thrift shopping
Sunday - Relax & De-Christmas the house
Monday - WORK 5 hrs, Lessons
Tuesday - WORK 5, Lessons, go to dr. with Bob
Wednesday - WORK 5, Lessons, Art Class
Thursday - WORK 5, Lessons
Friday - WORK 5, Co-op
Saturday - Baby Shower

Let's see - I posted about Christmas, so let's move on, shall we?

Monday my friend Darlene hosted a movie day for our Austentatious class of teen girls. We invited our book club ladies too, so we had a good turnout for watching the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice. It's a long movie - almost 6 hours, so it is definitely an all day event. We had a great time! I got up at 5:30 to get a jumpstart on my work hours, so I was able to still fit in 5 hours of work - before and after the movie day.

Tuesday I also got up at 5:30, though I didn't need to. I kinda liked getting so much done so early. So, when Darlene invited people over for an impromptu sledding day, we were able to take advantage of it since I had a head start on my work hours again. We spent the afternoon there - the kids did some sledding and some socializing, and the moms mostly just hung out around the dining room table and chatted. Alex came home with David and spent the night.

David turned 16 on Wednesday! Can you believe my baby is now 16? He invited a few friends to come over and watch the 1982 Tron movie and have pizza before we headed out to the Imax theater to watch the new Tron: Legacy movie. I was rather unenthusiastic about watching this movie. 1 - I haven't enjoyed 3D movies. 2 - The 1982 movie was very cheesy with dumb dialogue. 3 - I didn't have good expectations for the music and sound.

BUT - I loved the movie. The 3D was ever-so cool and the soundtrack was AWESOME and the sound was not too overwhelming. I did have trouble with my left eye. I don't think my prescription is correct as I have trouble with it daily. But that's not the movie's fault, nor the fault of the 3D effects. Anyway, I loved Tron: Legacy and I will see other movies in 3D, I think.

I had to work very late on Wednesday to get my work hours in, around David's activities. And I was not able to do my extra hour. Bummer, eh?

Dinner out with the leadership team of SOF was on the agenda for Thursday night. I got my hours done easily during the day since the kids had no lessons to work on. We were supposed to meet at the nearby steakhouse, but there was a long wait. So we went to a family restaurant instead and it was not a good experience overall. I had a really tasty chicken quesadilla, but the appetizers were cold and several of my friends got cold fries. The room was freezing too. But we had good conversation!

Friday was New Year's Eve. I slept rather later than normal - feeling the effects of three 5:30 AM days this week. Got the work hours in and then headed to Maryann's with the kids and one extra friend for a New Year's party. We had a very fun evening - games and movies and food! Stayed up very very late chatting with Maryann, but had to turn around and get up at 8 am on Saturday to drive home because I had plans to.....

Go thrift store shopping with friends to take advantage of the 50% off sales! We are all going to the Regency Ball in March and we hoped to find appropriate dresses in the Regency style - empire waist, floor length, sleeves. All of us were successful! I love my dress - it's plum colored and I like the neckline, though it's not square as it probably should be. I may end up modifying it somehow with ribbon. It's also quite lowcut, so I'll probably use some lace as a coverup. Now on to the accessorizing! I still have to find a dress for Emily and some appropriate clothing for David.

Today we slept very late and then de-Christmas-ed the house. THANK GOD! That's pretty much all we did, except try to eat all the sweets left from the holidays.

Because.... I am going on a No Sweets fast until Valentine's Day. And since I am on the fast, pretty much everyone else is too, at least while they are at home. I'm not making them promise to follow it, but I'm not providing any sweets during the next 6 weeks. :-)

2 comments:

Debbie Schlarb said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your New Year's weekend!

Anonymous said...

It's always good to get back to "normal," whatever that may be!! Love, Mom