I think the only reason I keep writing these Weekly Previews is that it helps ME to keep my week in order. But that's a good enough reason. I hope you still find them useful.
Saturday - Chores & book club
Sunday - Father's Day (decided against the day away due to the long drive)
Monday - WORK (4 hrs daily), Swim Lessons (J&S)
Tuesday - Lessons, WORK, Swim Lessons, Soccer conditioning (S,J,E)
Wednesday - Lessons, WORK, Swim Lessons, Meeting
Thursday - Lessons, WORK, Swim Lessons, Beach Day
Friday - Lessons, WORK, Project Day
Saturday - Wedding
This is VBS week at our church (and a whole lot of other churches); however, I am not sure we will be attending. I did put our names on a list, but the week is hectic enough and VBS is only 90 minutes long. They can't go Tuesday night and probably not Friday anyway.
James and Suzy will be doing Swim Lessons this week and next. Suzy has never done any and it's been about 4 years for James.
We went to some yard sales this week. Two of them had all the clothes for a quarter. I got quite a few things for Suzy. Bought a Japanese dictionary for David for 50 cents. My kids found a Legolas pen for me for a dime - I think that was the best buy! I used to have one (different design) that I bought at Hot Topic years back. I kept it so long that I wore all the design off the outside. LOL So, now I have a new one. It writes! The same garage sale had a Legolas binder filled with Legolas notebook paper (and some POTC paper) for another dime. That paper was about $2-3 for 50 sheets back in the day. OK, I know I am a geek fangirl.
Took the kids to the dollar matinee in a nearby town to see Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief. Love the dollar movie. Enjoyed the show, but it was far too intense for Suzy. I should have thought about that ahead of time, but I just didn't.
We also picked strawberries at a nearby farm this past week and I put some (not enough!) in the freezer. Our freezer is small though, so I guess that's OK. The kids were not all that excited about the picking and I remember all those fruit picking outings we used to go on and wonder how in the world the adults dealt with all our bad attitudes! Or did we just enjoy it because we were with our friends?
There was apparently a home intrusion that turned into a stabbing of a teen girl here in Dryden. I only know the details from facebook (!) so I don't know the official version or the outcome, but the girl surprised an intruder and he grabbed up a hunting knife and stabbed her then she fought him off and he knocked her out. In Dryden village, people. Dryden! Eeek! We are a bit freaked out.
Only two more weeks before we go camping! We are borrowing a camper since we have not found a suitable camper for the money we have. We may decide to save up a little more money through the winter and buy a nicer one next spring.
The daylilies on the west side of the house are in bloom. I just love those, and they are no work at all! LOL
We may be putting up our pool this week. Today?
Lisa
8 years ago
2 comments:
Yikes on that home intrusion!
Busy week! I'm wishing that all the area VBS's weren't happening at the same time! But maybe that'll free up the rest of the summer for other things. The girls need swim lessons, but I think at least 1 of them may need private lessons. I may check into that. Our last swim lesson experience 3 years ago was horrible, so I think we need one-on-one instruction in a non-threatening way (low expectations for the student).
Post a Comment